Saturday 11 April 2015

THE BOAR: Stories from the West, Tales from the East


First of all - apologies for the absence of any new material over the past few weeks. I've been busy, which is most unlike me, and I'm still not sure how much I appreciate it. Oh well. Here's an article on the global nature of fairy tales I wrote ages ago that's only just gotten around to being published. It sort of condenses my thoughts on Cinderella and Kaguya, and throws in some new history stuff as well. Yes, I re-used the "well-groomed dog" line. I have no shame.

There's also a short bit on The Conformist and an ultra-early review of the new Michael Fassbender flick Slow West floating around in the nether, so they'll surface eventually. I'm also going to get around to seeing French drama Force Majeur at some point and possibly Ryan Gosling's Lost River. If I can be arsed. Stay tuned.